Best of Nepal and India
This 17-day trip starts in the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal, where you visit its capital Kathmandu, famous for its temples and stupas. You also visit the famed Chitwan national park and the Pokhara before moving towards India. Here, you uncover the delights of the famous Indian tourist trinity – the Golden Triangle comprising of Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra before moving southward to the relaxed beaches of Goa for some sun and sand, and concluding your tour in India’s financial capital of Mumbai.
Welcome to the only Hindu kingdom in the world! On arrival at Tribhuvan International airport meet and greet at the airport by your representative and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure to get over the jet lag.
Today after breakfast, your guide will take you on a visit to Pashupatinath Temple - the holiest Hindu Temple on the bank of sacred Bagmati River which is also one of the tributaries of holy Ganges, Boudhanath Stupa - the biggest Buddhist stupa architecture! The stupa is believed to be one of the 'must visit' site for all Buddhists in their lifetime and Bhaktapur city - the best preserved medieval Malla Principality, Bhaktapur served as the capital of United Nepal before it split into three (Kathmandu, Paten, and Bhaktapur) in the mid 14 the century.
After an early breakfast drive to Royal Chitwan National Park (5 hrs). This wildlife reserve, one of the best managed and preserved in Asia, contains many species of rare animals and birds. On arrival, check-in at your jungle resort. After lunch, you will proceed for an elephant safari and nature walks with a boat ride.
There will be plenty of opportunities to view the Park’s wildlife today, with bird watching, elephant safaris, jungle walks and a crocodile spotting cruise on the Rapti River included. Rhinos, deer, monkeys, and elephants can be found, and you may be lucky enough to see a leopard or Bengal tiger.
After breakfast, you will be driving to Pokhara (4 hrs)185 km 4 hrs. Pokhara 'the valley of the lakes, linked by the Prithvi-Rajmarg, is situated 200 km south west of Kathmandu. The scenic valley of Pokhara is an enormous sunlit playground surrounded by green forested hills, waterfalls, terraced fields. The beauty of the valley at 900 m is further enhanced by its three lakes Phewa, Begnas, and Rupa. Pokhara also offers excellent views of the Dhaulagiri, Himalchuli, the five peaks of Annapurna and Machapuchare.
Sightseeing tour of the little hamlet of Pokhara will include a visit to a Buddhist Monastery and see a magnificent cave of well-preserved stalagmites on arrival take a boat trip on Phewa Lake passing a simple three-story villa, the winter home of the King of Nepal. Stop at the small golden temple nestled in foliage on an island in the center. of the lake. In the afternoon many fishermen and other pilgrims take their long canoes, carved from tree trunks to the island to visit the shrine.
Highlights of the day included visits to Mahendra Cave, a Tibetan refugee camp, and Annapurna Range. And drive back to Kathmandu (200 km 6 hrs). On arrival check in at the hotel. Rest of the day free.
Transfer to airport in time to connect flight to Delhi and on arrival transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free.
After a relaxed breakfast, proceed for a full day guided city tour of New Delhi and Old Delhi covering Friday Mosque, cycle rickshaw ride, drive past Red Fort, government buildings, Humayun’s Tomb and Qutab Minar.
Morning drive to Agra and on arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.
Drive to Jaipur en-route visit deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri. Rest of the day at leisure in Jaipur.
Morning: Guided excursion to Amer Fort. Afternoon: Guided city tour of Jaipur. Overnight in Jaipur.
In time transfer to airport to connect flight to Goa via Mumbai. On arrival transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free on the beach.
Morning: Tour of Goa visiting various churches including Bom Jesus Cathedral. Rest of the afternoon free on the beach.
In time transfer to airport to connect flight to Mumbai. On arrival transfer to hotel.
Morning excursion to Elephanta caves. Afternoon city tour of Mumbai.
In time transfer to airport to connect onward flight home.
- All sightseeing program as per the itinerary.
- All transfers, sightseeing & excursions will be by an AC Vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking local guide for the monuments as per the program.
- All entrances to the monuments and activities as per the program.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes as per the program.
- Mineral water bottles in the vehicle [02 bottles each day]s
- Wet tissues places in the vehicle for the entire tour.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers with meet and Assist.
- All currently applicable taxes, including, GST of 5% applicable on total invoice amount.
Little gifts from Travel East:
- Departure Gift.
- Free WIFI in Vehicles.
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, Camera /video camera fees at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure taxes, etc.
- Any meals, other than those specified above.
- Any meals other than specified in the quote-supplement mentioned above.
- Any insurance
- Any visa fees
- Any optional activities
- Any optional activities as mentioned in the program
- Domestic air-fare.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusion
- Any additional transfers
- Early Check-In/Late Check Out
- Any Tips / Porter charges