Best of North India
Head out on a journey to a number of India’s finest sights. Take in bustling Delhi, the pretty Pink City of Jaipur, the spectacular Taj Mahal in Agra & the mysterious erotic temples of Khujaraho. Finish off with a journey to the home of the famous purifying Ganges - holy Varanasi.
Welcome to India! You will be met upon arrival in Delhi and transferred to your hotel. Overnight - Delhi
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Elderly Delhi this morning, taking in the Red Fort, Jama Masjid mosque & the bazaars of Chandni Chowk. This afternoon, enjoy a tour of New Delhi, designed by the eminent Sir Edward Lutyens. Highlights include the India Gate, Rajpath & bustling Connaught Place. A visit is also made to Qutab Minar, fundamentally a massive tower built to proclaim the arrival of Islam in the 11th century & a carpet emporium. Overnight - Delhi (B)
Delhi - Jaipur. Drive to Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan affectionately known as the Pink City and relax in the afternoon. On day 4 take a stately elephant ride to the 15th Century Amber Fort, after which enjoy a city tour of the City Palace, followed by a visit to the Jantar Mantar space observatory. Don’t miss the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds) with its incredible façade of balconies. Overnight - Jaipur (B:2)
Jaipur - Agra. En route to Agra, enjoy a visit to the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri. On arrival in Agra, the remainder of the day is at your disposal. On day 6, enjoy a horsecart ride to the Taj Mahal. Possibly the most recognized of all India’s landmarks, the Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan in the 16th century. Later, enjoy a visit to the colossal 15th century Agra Fort & as well as a marble craft shop. The remainder of the afternoon free.Overnight - Agra (B:2)
Agra - Khajuraho (by Jhansi & Orchha). Transfer to the rail station for the morning train to Jhansi. On arrival, the journey continues by road to Khajuraho. En route a visit is made to Orchha. On the banks of the River Betwa, Orchha is famed for its temples & palaces built by the 16th-century Bundela rulers. Overnight - Khajuraho (B)
Khajuraho - Varanasi. Close behind the Taj Mahal and up there with Varanasi and Jaipur, are the incredible temples of Khajuraho. Immortalised in stone is a wealth of sensuous and sensual sculptures. This morning visit these famous temples. To keep away from a long drive, you will fly to the holiest of Hindu pilgrimage destinations in India’s. Overnight - Varanasi (B)
Abundant with temples as well as a labyrinth of streets, Varanasi is fascinating, enticing as well as a city not to be missed. Early this morning they enjoy a boat ride on the River Ganges to view the dawn and the ancient religious custom of ritual cleansing that takes place on the ghats (riverside steps). Enjoy a tour of the city, with its numerous temples and brilliant historic feel; with time later to relax. Overnight - Varanasi (B)
Varanasi - Delhi. After a leisurely morning, they return to Delhi by air. Overnight - Delhi (B)
Delhi - breakfast. Morning is at leisure. Later they transfer you to the airport for your onward flight home.
- 10 Nights accommodation on Double/Twin occupancy basis, using 3 star hotel.
- Meal Plan - [BB: Bed & Breakfast].
- All sightseeing program as per the itinerary.
- All transfers, sightseeing & excursions will be by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking local guide for the monuments as per the program.
- Bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi.
- Elephant ride to ascent Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Shared battery car/bus transfer from parking to entrance and back of Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri in Agra.
- AC Chair Car class train tickets for travel from Agra to Jhansi.
- Sunrise boat ride on river Ganges in Varanasi.
- All entrances fee to the monuments as per the tour program.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes as per the program.
- Mineral water bottles in the vehicle [02 bottles each day]
- Wet tissues placed in the vehicle for the entire tour.
- Travel East’s Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers with meet and assist
- All currently applicable taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, Camera /video camera fees at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure taxes, etc.
- Any meals, other than those specified above
- Any insurance/ visa fees
- Domestic air-fare.