From tropical Goa, the journey to the southern state of Karnataka to discover the wonderful ruins of medieval Hampi, the rock cut caves of Badami & the stunning temples of Pattakal & Aihole.
Goa - Hampi. This morning drive from Goa to Hampi (about 350kms). On arrival, check in to your hotel & spend the remains of the day at leisure. Overnight – Hampi
Hampi is nestled in the ruins of the medieval city of Vijayanagar in the state of Karnataka, on the banks of the Tungabhadra river. Set in a surreal & exquisite boulder-strewn landscape, Vijayanagara (the City of Victory) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site & although the city was destroyed by marauding Moghul invaders in the 16th century, much of it remains today.
Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of the ancient ruins that are spread over 26 sq km area, lots of-of which lie in & around Hampi Bazaar & the nearby riverside area, which also encompasses the city’s most sacred enclave of temples & ghats. East of Hampi Bazaar is the UNESCO-listed 16th-century Vittala Temple, the undisputed highlight of the ruins. Overnight – Hampi
Hampi - Badami. This morning depart Hampi & drive to Badami (approx 130 km), stopping en route to visit the wonderful temples of Pattakal & Aihole. Pattadakal - a World Heritage Site, has ten major temples representing early Chalukaya architecture, the largest of which is dedicated to lord Virupakshesvara. Whilst Aihole, which is called the "Cradle of Indian Architecture", has over a hundred temples scattered around the village.
Set in the stunning countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and calm farmlands, Badami is magnificently situated in a canyon, and scattered amongst the environment hills are temples, fortifications and carvings.
Badami is best known for its outstanding cave temples. They display the full range of Indian religious sects. of them are dedicated to Vishnu, to Siva and the fourth is a Jain temple. There is and a Buddhist temple in a natural cave.
Upon arrival in Badami, check in to your hotel and freshen up before an afternoon of sightseeing. Overnight – Badami
Badami - Goa. After breakfast, check out of your hotel and make the scenic journey over the Western Ghats back to Goa (approx 350 km).
- All sightseeing program as per the itinerary.
- All transfers, sightseeing & excursions will be by an AC Vehicle.
- Services of an English speaking local guide for the monuments as per the program.
- All entrances to the monuments and activities as per the program.
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes as per the program.
- Mineral water bottles in the vehicle [02 bottles each day]s
- Wet tissues places in the vehicle for the entire tour.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers with meet and Assist.
- All currently applicable taxes, including, GST of 5% applicable on total invoice amount.
Little gifts from Travel East:
- Departure Gift.
- Free WIFI in Vehicles.
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, Camera /video camera fees at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure taxes, etc.
- Any meals, other than those specified above.
- Any meals other than specified in the quote-supplement mentioned above.
- Any insurance
- Any visa fees
- Any optional activities
- Any optional activities as mentioned in the program
- Domestic air-fare.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusion
- Any additional transfers
- Early Check-In/Late Check Out
- Any Tips / Porter charges